Walked out to Friars Point in Barry this afternoon, it's a headland that
separates two bays. The top shot is looking east over Whitmore Bay which is
the main tourist beach. This is a no-go area for us in the summer because
dogs are not allowed. The second shot is looking west over Watchtower Bay,
which is the beach we normally walk on.
Although the sky looked threatening it didn't actually rain.
23rd Aug 2009, 21:04
After our digression inland it's back to the boring old beach shots :)
1) I'm not so good on rocks with my long spindly legs.
2) That's more like it, lots of sand to run around on.
3) Hope it doesn't rain.
4) Losing my head.
5) Happy to be home.
6) Lots of seaweed on the beach today for some reason.(And stripey feet from wearing sandals all summer.)
Sadly our holiday sans teens had to come to an end today. So we left our pitch on the banks of the River Severn and headed 130 miles south to our home - on the shores of the Severn Estuary. Strange to think that the water flowing past our caravan will in time pass by our local beach.
Anyway we had a great holiday - look forward to more without the teens!
1) The River Severn from outside our caravan.
2) We took the scenic route home over the Brecon Beacons.
3) Back home, Barry Old Harbour
4) Tim back on home turf (no beach this evening, the tide was in)
21st Aug 2009, 23:34
| tags:holidaycomments (7)
We headed north today and visited Chester and Liverpool.
1) TOH looking out over the Mersey in Liverpool
2) Brooding sky over the Mersey
3) Clock in Chester
4) Ow headroom (or will be if you ignore the sign)
5) Artist at work
6) Chester Cathedral
20th Aug 2009, 22:38
| tags:holidaycomments (10)
Spent a pleasant afternoon in Ironbridge. We've been very fortunate with the weather today. Nearly met up with a blogging/Facebook friend of TOH's but it didn't quite work out.
Now sitting down to a barbecue and a bottle of beer.
1) View of the Severn from the Iron Bridge.
2 & 3) the bridge itself
4) Under the bridge (sounds like a good name for a song haha)
5) Morning cuppa
19th Aug 2009, 20:06
| tags:holidaycomments (13)
Took it easy today, ventured as far as Shrewsbury, then back to the caravan for a barbecue on the banks of the River Severn (we're pitched next to the river).
1) The Market Hall, Shrewsbury
2) Typical street in Shrewsbury with lots of black and white timber framed buildings.
3) Tim's home from home in the back of the car - he sleeps in the car too
4) Nice big field to run in adjoining caravan site
5) The caravan site on the banks of the River Severn
18th Aug 2009, 23:14
| tags:holidaycomments (10)
Quick stop on the way to caravan site.
- Taken at 8:12 PM on August 17, 2009 - uploaded by ShoZu
I was late taking the dog for a walk this evening, it was nearly dark by the time we set out. So I headed for the beach. I love walking on the beach at night. I took the Gorillapod with me and took some shots of the beach. My little Casio Exilim camera has a fully manual setting and allows exposures up to 60 sec. It was quite dark so I gave it the full 60 sec. The reddish/orange glow is from street lighting in the nearby town.
Tomorrow TheOtherHalf and I head off in our caravan for five days on our own, sans teens. The first time we've done that (since we've had children, anyway).
We're off to Shropshire. So hoping for sunshine next week. The forecast seems to be good but I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
I'll have my phone, laptop and internet tablet so I'll probably check in here from time to time so long as I can get a mobile signal.