Surely removed clock and/or clock faces?
Cambridge Heath Road/Roman Road crossroads opposite Bethnal Green tube station.
St John on Bethnal Green was built in 1826-1828 to a design by Sir John Soane and was extensively repaired in 1871 after a fire, the vicarage being built in 1852. The design of the church was controversial. The West tower with its cupola, was described as an "object of low wit and vulgar abuse.It was formed from part of the parish of St Matthew's, Bethnal Green when the area grew in population.
The Church has had a new roof in recent times to ensure further deterioration while fundraising to restore the West Front.
Haha, found an image with a clock insitu ...
Posted by plewis